Ivy Ann is THREE

so this is about a month and a half late, for a plethora of reasons.  but i have been storing up notes on my phone since summer, helping myself remember the absurd things ivy says and does.  im finally taking the time to write them down here so that her three year old milestones are not overlooked.



firstly, ivy is a whole mood.  she is vibrant and bubbly and hilarious and so passionate and emotional.  she can make my whole body shake with laughter.  like the time i came into her room one morning and, as usual, pretended to be so hungry and in desperate need of a bite of pumpkin pie (which is what i have always called her).  






me: can i have just one bite of pumpkin pie?

Ivy: nooooo

me: oh just one little bite?

Ivy: I don’t want you too.

Me: but im so hungry!

Ivy: (grunting and stretching like a college kid refusing to get out of bed) go get an orange or something.


she is so squishy and huggable, and she frequently tells me she loves me out of the blue, or says ‘you the best mom, mom’.  Sometimes she takes me face in her hands and calls me her ‘lovey pie”.


she is potty trained and when she needs to poop she’ll say ‘I need to go privacy’ to shoo everyone out of the room. 



other things she has said recently:


she calls the refrigerator the ‘tha fridger’


she wants to do everything ‘by her own self’


she plays rock paper scissors and says ‘rocka, paepa, scissors shoot’ and just does rock every time


she uses ‘probaly’ in many sentences like ‘probaly you should snuggle me’  or ‘probaly you can feed me now?’


she says ‘super’ when describing the extent of things, like ‘im so super fast’ or ‘i love you super much’ or ‘that was so super fun’ and i have not a clue where she picked up that habit


i told her something and she said ‘really?  how that can be?’


when she sees someone walking by ‘mom, you see dat human?  who dat human?’


she saw the teenage boy across the street playing basketball with no shirt on and exclaimed ‘mom dat human ober dehr is playing baketball neked’


when she was trying to eat a bite of meat that I had told her to finish ‘mom this meat wont let me swallow it’


she had her hands behind her back and I asked her what she had and she replied ‘anything’ which is her way of saying ‘nothing’ but really, it could have been anything.


she says ‘either me’ when she means ‘me too’ or ‘me neither’


the other day, after seeing a picture of a unicorn, a glassy eyed ‘mom, unicorns realllly want me to ride them’


i cant remember all the things she says, or write them to reflect the way she forms the words.  but she fills up every bit of room in my heart.  she's stubborn and has a big temper, but shes soft and quick to reconcile and just the biggest delight.  our family would have a gaping hole without her.


we love you ivy pie.  




Comments