Ivy Ann is FOUR Months

on christmas day sweet ivy completed her fourth month of life with us.  she is growing chunkier and chubbier every day, her dough cheeks are still the best thing to burry my face into.  she is sleeping really well these days which is a huge gift.  i put her down around 7, just before her sisters go down at 7:30. then i feed her just before i go to bed at around ten and then most mornings she makes it until somewhere between 5:30 and 6:30.  at this point i bring her into my bed and let her feed enough to fall back asleep with me until a more reasonable hour, around seven.  i think the early morning where she is snuggled up next to me in bed is my favorite part of the day.  since she is my third, our one on one time is limited, and this is a time where we have a few moments to stare at each other and connect before the rest of the household wakes up and demands attention.
she is really strong and is pulling up on to her knees for a few seconds at a time.  she smiles and gurgles and coos almost non stop while she is awake.  and she is a finger sucker, which i have mixed feelings about.  it means i can't just take them away at some point when im ready for her to be done with the habit, but it also means she can soothe herself instead of me having to go pop a paci in her mouth in the middle of the night.  so we will see how it turns out in the long run.  neither of the other girls have sucked their fingers.
she is adored by her sisters.  etta mae asks to hold her often but then only wants to hold her for literally 2 or 3 seconds before she says 'all done'.  eden is really proud of her ability to hold ivy standing up, and even walk around with her at times.  she calls ivy ann 'the sweetie' which i just love. shell say 'mom when is the sweetie waking up from her nap?' and things like that.  
sometimes i see eden in ivy's face, and even sometimes i see expressions that remind me of etta mae.  but mostly she is her own little person.  and she is growing so very fast.  knowing that she is my last makes me savor each day with her.  i dont want this time to pass by too quickly because i miss the early days with eden and etta mae so much already.  its exhausting but i really am so happy with my three girls, and ivy ann was the perfect conclusion to our family of five.  i told myself i would give myself four months before i expected to be above water, and after four months i do feel like i have come back up and am treading water just fine.



Comments