Baby #3, 6 months

six months is finally starting to feel like i am getting somewhat close to the end with this one.  here we are, at the end of may (which flew by by the way) and i basically just have summer remaining until this gal arrives.  we all know that summer always goes by far too quickly.  so i am counting on you to do your thing summer; fly by, and bring me my sweet, sweaty summer baby girl.  
i recently passed my glucose test and i dont have gestational diabetes, which was a relief.  my body has been so out of whack, i as worried it had forgotten how to process sugar too. i was really thankful for that result.  one less thing to worry about.  also i am just much more uncomfortable much sooner this time around.  i feel like i grunt every time i move!  i dont remember that being the reality until much later in the other two pregnancies  
as for how i am feeling, i am still throwing up most days which is really old at this point.  but i do have good days and i feel more like myself than i did during the winter.  i still have to be really careful about how much i take on, and almost always feel really awful in the evening if i have had an active day.  my social life has taken a huge hit.  i hope you friends out there still remember me.  and im sorry for throwing up behind restaurants after you have taken me out for dessert.
the girls are keeping me busy, as are the other children that i regularly keep in my home.  i have struggled with guilt over not being able to be as active with them, going for walks and exploring parks.  but i am trying to listen to my body when it tells me that i will pay dearly for every time i misjudge and do too much in any given day. im so thankful for where we live, the girls can play outside for hours without much need for me and i can monitor them while i rest and take it easy.
eden is excited about the baby coming.  etta mae is mostly uninterested and or unexcited. she doesnt like it when i am holding other babies, or really anyone but her.  i am interested/nervous to see how she will deal with this transition.  i think eden viewed etta's arrival as the arrival of a playmate, which of course she loved because she is so social and outgoing.  but i dont anticipate etta mae feeling the same way.  i think she is very content being the baby in our family and will likely see this new one as a rival.  im already praying for the wisdom to know how to best help her through the transition.  it will be a transition for us all.




Comments