spring break in durham

i recently went to durham for almost a week with my girls.  my parents and my sister and her family all live there and our time was a mix of planned outings, down time, birthday celebrations, delicious food and plenty of refreshing drinks made by the resident bar tender, dr j.  ill post pictures from clive's birthday in the next post but here are some of my favorites of our outdoor adventures
these two girls are thick as theives and always entertaining 
we spent a lovely morning at the duke gardens 
we took a picninc to the creek on my parent's property one day and papa j took the time to teach eden how to walk across the creek without slipping and while making use of a sturdy walking stick.  i look forward to many sunshiney hours at this exact spot.
we also took a picnic to a local park one day and spent our time scaring off observing 
cardinals, foxes and herons
one of the best parts of the week was just alot of down time with these two loves.  
im with them all day every day but something about being with them away gives me fresh perspective and helps me see them with new, thankful eyes.




Comments