Fruit Shower

my trip to WA last week was wonderful for many many reasons.  i got to spend alot of quality time with my mama, which is always good for the soul.  i got to eat sea food that my daddy grilled, which is always good for the taste-buds.  i also got to have great conversations with my daddy, which is good for the mind.  AND i got to attend my 10 year high school reunion, which is good for...the memory?  

it was a really lovely trip home.

but one of the sweetest parts was a shower put on by the incredible women at the church where i grew up, HCC.  my family has been attending that church for somewhere between 15 and 18 years and my siblings and i grew up there.  while i was home, about 30 of the women came together to celebrate my sweet baby girl and bless the heck out of me.  not only was the shower beautiful and thoughtful, it incorporated the photo series i have been doing from week to week during my pregnancy, showing the fruit or vegetable that represents the approximate size of baby each week.  the organizing ladies utilized the fruit pictures at the shower and themed the event around the fruit of the spirit.   

during the shower the women read me different pieces about how a mother exemplifies each of the fruits of the spirit, which left not a dry eye among us.  i was so overwhelmed by the generous gifts that included a breast pump, infant seat, stroller, and many beautiful handmade items.  one dear woman knit booties, a bonnet, a sweater and a blanket...bless my soul.

here are a few photo highlights  








thank you to all of the women who celebrated my little lady and blessed me greatly!  

Comments

Post a Comment