Why I Don't Wait

Alright so a decent number of people have now commented on my Facebook wall, because they can see what I am listening to on Spotify...
and its Christmas music.

Its been Christmas music for over a month now.

And you would not believe how adamant some people are about telling me that I HAVE to wait till Thanksgiving.  

Well sorry people, but I don't wait till Thanksgiving and I'll tell you why.

Christmas music talks about arguably the greatest thing that EVER happened to mankind (secondly only perhaps to the Crucifixion and Resurrection).  And there are so many songs that beautifully describe the state of mankind before Christ came to earth  
and the blessed change that occurred when Christ came.  

"Long lay the world, in sin and error pining, till he appeared, and the soul felt its worth"

"The kings of this world have torn it apart, but we can take heart, 
The Baby has come"

"Oh come let us adore Him"

"Come thou long expected Jesus, born to set thy people free"

"Lending at His birth, peace on all the earth"

“Dear desire of every nation, joy of every longing heart”

Come on people.  This is the best music there is, because it reminds us of the best NEWS there is...The Good News...The Gospel.

And there is NO way I can possibly wait!




Comments