F-A-M-I-L-Y


Some people try to get away from their families, but I am so excited to finally get away with mine!  My parents are out here from WA, my brother and sister are driving up from NC and we are all meeting up for a few days together in the Shenondoah Valley of VA.  Things that will undoubtedly happen...

1. Lots of eating, especially since we are celebrating my brother's 20th and my fathers 60th! (I made pumpkin loaf to take with us and my hands still smell like fall!)  

2. Walks/runs/playing outside.  We love to get outside and be together!

3.  Reciting Quotes from both of the following movies...

Gone with the Wind
O Brother Where Art Thou

4. Making fun of a big word that my father has effortlessly used in conversation

5.  Making fun of my brother because he does the same thing, and is becoming my dad

6. Guys play chess, girls play bananagrams (banangrams is my favorite game that I am going to introduce, and chess is a favorite past time among the Jordan/Agaba men

7.  Laughing, ALOT

8.  A bit more laughing

9. Staying up WAY too late

10.  Have at least one serious theological debate 

11.  My dad will make all the women coffee in the morning

12. Show each other pictures from things that have happened in the last 2 months 

13. And finally, when the weekend is over, my dad will say "Let's Adjourn", which he says every time its bed time, or time to leave a restaurant.  Please tell me if ANYONE else's dad uses a word that is literally defined as 

"break off (a meeting, legal case, or game) with the intention of resuming it later" 

 in EVERY DAY use.  (see, prediction number 4 is already happening.) 

I guess its true though, we will gather for a game, with the absolute intention of continuing it for out whole lives!

Family get away, here I come!


Comments

  1. I love your family. That sounds wonderful! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have SO much fun! And next time we see you, you have to show us how you play Bananagrams because well...we have it but just can't seem to get the hang of it! Feels like we're doing it all wrong. ??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment