Ivy Ann is TEN months

here we are, summer in steady swing, and sweet ivy ann is ten months old.  the last month has been incredibly full.  she is growing and changing so rapidly, and her personality is coming through more every day.  she is in a phase of wanting to be touching me or less than 10 inches away from me at every waking hour.  its exhausting.  but each of my others went through this short season, and since she is my last i am doing my best to savor it and stop what im doing and help her deal with the fact that she can't always be on me.  
she is now sleeping in her crib in the same room with her sisters (we are still in the first week of this situation and it ranges from very successful to incredibly stupid).  it fills me with a tangible joy to think of them all in there, messes of curls, sleeping in the same room.  waking up to each other's faces.  playing till they sleep and sleeping till they play.  its perfect. 
she can also stand very well, and even bounce and dance without falling over.  she loves dancing, and puts both hands in the air, bobbing up and down.  she is clearly a good fit into our dancing family.  

she did not like this photo shoot by the way.  she has a cry that clearly and quickly communicates her displeasure.  offended really, thats what it says.  she is offended somewhat easily, but also recovers fairly quickly.  we call her cryvy on occasion.  
she grunts when shes happy and grunts when she nurses and grunts when she eats food.  and she eats everything.  she has preferences of course but for the most part she really enjoys most food.  she is still nursing strong which is just fine with me because i really do count it one of the sweetest aspects of motherhood to my girls.  she is certainly more distracted now, but she still loves nursing and i dont see myself cutting her off any time soon.
bring on the summer months and the all day long sightings of her perfectly plump thighs.  

Comments